Receive email updates of Pleasure Dome activities and reminders of screenings.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOTICE
Note: Re-scheduled to Sunday April 23, 2017 at 2pm
@ CineCycle, 129 Spadina Ave. Toronto
This is your opportunity to have a say in Pleasure Dome’s future. We urge you as a Pleasure Dome member in good standing, to join the Board of Directors/Programming Collective in an open discussion about the current status and future direction of Pleasure Dome. Come with ideas for upcoming screenings and events and help us form the new Programming Collective, either by standing for election or simply by casting your vote (Note: you must be a member in good standing 10 days prior to the AGM to vote. Membership available now!). Your presence at the AGM is crucial to the democratic process of our non-profit artist-run organization. If you are not able to attend, you will be able to vote by Proxy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a Proxy to be filled out prior to April 23, 2017 or to receive a copy of the 2016 AGM Minutes prior to the meeting.
1. Call for Quorum; Welcome Statement by Chairperson Christine Lucy Latimer
2. Review and approval of Agenda
3. Review 2016 AGM Minutes and motion/vote to approve Minutes
4. Written report from the Board Chair Christine Lucy Latimer
5. Review Financial Statements & Auditor’s Report for the Fiscal Year ending August 31, 2016 by Tom Taylor, Program co-ordinator
6. Motion to accept Auditor’s Report & Appointment of the 2017/18 Auditor
7. Review of proposed By-law amendments
Presentation and voting on proposed By-law amendments
(See By-law #23 amendment: additional text in bold)
By-law #23: Subject to the provisions, if any, contained in the Letters Patent of the Corporation, each member of the Corporation shall at all meetings of members be entitled to one vote and she/he may vote by proxy. Such proxy need not herself/himself be a member but before voting shall produce and deposit with the Secretary, with a total number of Proxies not to exceed more than three per person, of sufficient appointment in writing from her/his constituent or constituents. To vote (either in person or by proxy) Members must have paid dues at least 10 days in advance of the Annual General Meeting or General Meeting of the Members.
8. Other Business
9. Review current status of 2016/2017 Board/ Programming Collective responsibilities
The 2016-2017 Board Members
Christine Lucy Latimer
10. Nomination and Election of the new Board of Directors/ Programming Collective for a two-year term starting April 23rd, 2017
11. Motion to end meeting