Salary: $37,000 / year plus health benefits
Term: 4 days per week (30-35 hours)
Closing Date: July 5, 2018 at 5pm
Pleasure Dome (PD) is an artist-run exhibition collective dedicated to the presentation of artists film, video and experimental media. With a curatorial mandate to program time-based work from local, national and international artists, Pleasure Dome presents a variety of different genres, styles and traditions from those of the historical avant-garde to contemporary post-modern strategies of video/film mixes, and other attempts to re-imagine the modernist experimental tradition. In an effort to foster a diverse and inclusive screening environment which encourages attendance from as many sectors of the public as possible, Pleasure Dome screens innovative works in engaging and “expanded” presentations which include installation and other unconventional exhibition formats.
Committed to year-round experimental media arts screening programs via expanded presentation forms, PD is seeking a dynamic, nimble, creative, organized and passionate candidate to contribute to PD’s success. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will be joining a small team dedicated to fostering the best of experimental film and video — in all its classic and emerging forms, ranging from local to international — for our audiences. PD is at a critical junction in its 40 year history, and seeks a candidate that can help steer the organization into its next phase.
PD is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. The organization is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes those who would contribute to furthering this mission, including, but not limited to: women, visible and invisible minorities, First Nations and Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As the Operations and Development Manager, you will provide a range of administrative and operational support including the implementation and maintenance of office procedures to facilitate day-to-day operations, bookkeeping and financial reporting, writing grants, coordinating the execution of seasonal screenings and events, organizing print traffic (film and digital media), and liaising with the local and international arts community. The Operations and Development Manager will also be responsible for managing social media, website and print materials to promote PD’s events throughout the year.
The Operations and Development Manager is employed by and responsible to the Board of Directors of PD and will play a vital supporting role in upholding PD’s Mission and Vision. As the main contact of PD, you will maintain and foster relationships with artists, members, funders, sponsors, the Board, volunteers and the general public.
OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations and Development Manager will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations such as taking telephone calls & messages, occasional errand running, cleaning as needed.
- Develop & maintain a broad master calendar for all PD’s events and operations, which will include: programming, grants, and Board meetings
- Manage and oversee all projects in marketing of the Season brochures and poster, which will include activities related to the core seasonal programming
- Provide financial reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Coordination of all screenings and other programming including logistics, venue booking, print traffic, installation, artist relations, digital and analog projection / coordination, health/safety, audience development and public relations
- Attend Board of Director meetings.
- Delegation of volunteers, students and interns.
- Manage the financial aspects of all grant applications, manage the annual grants and programming calendar, and special project funding.
- Ensure timely reporting related to the application process, financial cash flow and expense management related to grant revenues.
Finance Management and Legal
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate financial records and prepare monthly budgetary reports.
- Liaise with auditors. Ensure that legal, contractual, policy and other obligations of Pleasure Dome are met.
- Attend board meetings in an advisory capacity and ensure that decisions of the Board are carried out and communicated as requested.
Outreach and Public Relations
- Maintain currently planned community outreach strategies and workshops, lectures, and related programs. Maintain relationships with the general community, funders, members and other arts organizations.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in a related discipline or relevant combined experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a similar role within an office environment.
- Quickbooks proficiency; granting writing skills and familiarity with CADAC an asset.
- Must have experience in generating and managing social media content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as web page content for WordPress.
- Experience with Google Docs.
- Experience in word processing, report preparation, office procedures/practices, scheduling and event coordination.
- Experience in grant writing.
- Experience in handling digital and analog print traffic, file conversions and projection.
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) as well as administrative,
- Excellent client service, oral and written communication, and time management skills.
- Familiarity with the media arts community in Toronto.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with responsibilities.
To apply, candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV in one PDF document by July 5, 2018 at 5pm to HRpleasuredometo@gmail.com. Please reference “Operations and Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls or visits please. For further information on Pleasure Dome, please refer to our website: http://pdome.org/