Receive email updates of Pleasure Dome activities and reminders of screenings.
To Pleasure Dome Members:
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOTICE
Sunday, March 18th, 2018 at 2pm – 4pm
The Commons, 4th floor, 401 Richmond St. West, Toronto
To all Pleasure Dome members in good standing, please join the Pleasure Dome Board of Directors in an open discussion about the current status and future direction of Pleasure Dome. Come with ideas for upcoming screenings and events and help us form the new Programming Collective, either by standing for election or simply by casting your vote.
Your presence at the AGM is crucial to the democratic process of our non-profit artist-run organization. For those in attendance, light refreshments will be served.
Note: you must be a member in good standing for a minimum of 10 days prior to the AGM in order to vote. If you joined anytime between March – December 2017, you will be required to present your paper Pleasure Dome membership card in order to vote or register a proxy. All members who have joined after January 1, 2018 will be listed in our new membership database. To join or renew your membership, visit http://pdome.org/membership/.
If you are unable to attend, you can choose to vote by proxy. All proxies for this meeting must be received prior to March 16, 2018 at 6:00 pm. To designate a proxy, please fill out the form here.
** This location is fully is fully wheelchair accessible. There is a ramp to the entrance of the building. Once inside, there is a wheelchair accessible bathroom on the same level just outside the meeting room.
1. Call for Quorum; welcome statement by Chair – Christine Lucy Latimer
2. Motion to approve Annual General Meeting agenda – Christine Lucy Latimer
3. Brief review of 2017 AGM Minutes; Motion to approve Minutes – Christine Lucy Latimer
2017 AGM minutes can be viewed here.
4. Written report from the Board Chair – Christine Lucy Latimer
5. Review of Financial Statements & Auditor’s Report for the Fiscal Year ending August 31, 2017; Motion to accept Auditor’s Report & Appointment of the 2018/19 Auditor – Leslie Supnet and Kami Chisholm
To view the 2016-17 Financial Audit, click here.
To view the 2016-17 Letter from the Auditor, click here.
To view the board’s deficit reduction plan, click here.
6. Proposed bylaw changes: click here to view the proposed changes.
7. Review of new policies for Board and Membership collective governance (Code of Conduct, Anti-Harassment Policy, Diversity & Inclusion Policy) – Christine Lucy Latimer
The new Code of Conduct and Anti-harassment policy can be viewed here.
The new Diversity and Inclusion policy can be viewed here.
8. Review of current status of 2017/2018 Board of Directors. All directors are entitled to serve for two terms.
Directors voted in for a partial year by the Board, now standing for election for their first two-year term:
Directors mid-way through their first two-year term (these Directors do not stand for election at this time):
Henning Frederik Malz
Directors completing their first two-year term (these Directors may stand for re-election at this time):
Christine Lucy Latimer
9 Nomination and Election of the new Board of Directors/ Programming Collective for a two-year term starting March 18th, 2018
10. Motion to end meeting